Hoy Energy Ltd
Finance / Admin Officer
Due to a pending restructure, a part-time position exists for a Finance / Admin Officer within
Hoy Energy Ltd.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, with duties and responsibilities relating to the
operation of the Community Wind Farm Project at Ore Brae, Lyness.
This salaried ‘home-working’ position is based on 16 hours per week and both affords and
indeed requires flexibility, as interaction with numerous wider organisations and
stakeholders is often required within standard office hours throughout any given standard
To be considered, any candidate will need to be resident on Hoy and benefit from a ‘line of
sight’ to the wind turbine generator at Lyness from their ‘home office’ facilities.
Whilst not a prerequisite, the following abilities / experience would be of distinct advantage:
1. A working knowledge of HMRC online portals and services including PAYE and VAT.
2. Data extraction / logging from SCADA or a similar computer based control system.
3. Compilation of financial reports for HMRC audits and commercial banking covenant tests.
4. Financial bookkeeping and preparation of management information for annual accounts.
5. Commercial insurance arrangements for loss adjustment and claims processing.
6. Any experience of working as part of a wider stakeholder group at a management level.
Training specific to any turbine-related disciplines, outside those listed, will be provided.
Applications should be made in writing and include details of relevant qualifications and
work experience, along with contact details for two employers, current or previous, for
Closing date: 31st August 2022
Hoy Energy Ltd, Revenge, Naval Hall, Longhope. KW16 3PG
To download a PDF version, please click here Finance/Admin Officer - Hoy Energy Ltd
Hoy Energy Ltd is a wholly owned trading subsidiary of the Island of Hoy Development Trust.