Please click HERE for The Blether — Issue 15
Entry is now open for the Hoy Half Marathon – you can enter online.
If you prefer NOT to pay by card online, you will need to print and post an entry form in the usual way, enclosing a cheque for your entry fee. Please e-mail to request a form.
We regret to announce that there will be no Quarter Marathon this year, which we know will disappoint some young runners. Entry has been falling steadily for a number of years, to the point where it has become uneconomic to make the necessary reinvestment in the race which would fall due this year.
Given that a fixed number of volunteers are required to handle a run, even for a very small number of runners, we would like their time and effort to benefit a wider audience. We have therefore decided that instead of staging a Quarter Marathon this year we will hold a 5k Family Fun Run.
- This will be open to all ages; those under 9 years must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
- The run will start at North Walls School and follow an out and back route to the north.
- No times will be recorded.
- Each participant who completes the course will receive a certificate.
- Entry costs £1 per person – pay at Registration on the day
- Entry forms available from firstname.lastname@example.org Entry also available on the day (although as with the Half Marathon, boat tickets have to be booked and paid for in advance)
- No online entry available
We hope that this event will appeal to families and supporters of those taking part in the Half Marathon, thus turning a popular event on the sporting calendar into a real family day out.